lazy movie weekend

Last week we had a few hectic things happen and by the end of the week we had EARNED a vacation. My dad was on another island (like usual) and my mom and I decided to play it lazy and watch some movies. The best part was we weren’t even completely lazy. We even got some cleaning/organizing done at home too! Go us.


I was automatically drawn to this by stars Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson – but I didn’t realize just how endearing and magical this movie would be. The plot is nothing to go wild about (reforming man meets lonely woman blah blah) but there’s a real-life quality to the nonsense. The beauty of story telling is that it isn’t always about who’s the most innovative or the most risky. Sometimes it is the same plot over and over again, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t worth the watch. (Yes. Avatar is Pocahontas. But Avatar demonstrates something that Pocahontas, obviously, doesn’t).
I’d recommend this movie. See it for the leading couple. See it for London scenery. There are a few painful moments, it’s a little sad, but it ends well. And it’s Dustin Hoffman. Seriously.
My mom as always talked of this as her favorite James Dean movie. (you know… one of his THREE..) I watched it for the first time this weekend and loved it. Like, seriously. WHAT AN AMAZING PERFORMANCE. Adapted from John Steinbeck's novel this Elia Kazan adaptation brings this tragic story to life. It’s really sad to think of what James Dean could done with his career had he not died. He’s so spontaneous and believable. He shows raw emotion. And let's not forget Jo Van Fleet in her Oscar-winning performance. It's so good. New favorite movie? probably.
Okay. This is pretty much all I have to talk about right now. Peace.
0 Comments