lost top ten

I'm totally mental and I totally know it. Will I ever stop thinking about Lost? Probably not.  So there was this post on EW about the top reads for Lost fans.  Whilst reminiscing my brain started to whirl and twirl like it does when thinking of my beloved TV show.  Seriously, it just doesn’t get better than that show.  So.. since it was on my mind…

The-really-overused-and-generic-top-ten-characters-from-Lost-list!!!

You know you’re excited.
10. Sun + Jin Kwon (Yunjin Kim and Daniel Dae Kim) – What’s this?  I’m cheating already?  Sun and Jin count as one, because there is no one without the other.  But MAN it took forever to just get some shared screen time!  Two whole seasons basically.  Anyway, I always cheer for the married couples.  Jin had some things to learn (like English, and not being a control nutso) and Sun had her own married-life issues pre-island, but they found each other and truly loved one another.  Their story was one of the most touching on Lost.
9. Kate Austen (Evangeline Lilly) – There are many things to dislike about Kate.  She’s extremely indecisive when it comes to men (yeah, extremely).  Her flash back/forward/sideways stories were never the best of the bunch.  But I’m not a Kate-hater.  I like Freckles for many reasons too.  She was a no-nonsense tough chick for one thing, something I (as a tomboy) always admire. Also, she looks super fine and I wish I had her body. She could be a great comfort to those who needed it on the island.  Evangeline Lilly also had some terrific acting moments in the series – with subtle gazes and lines that were very human.
8. Jack Shephard (Matthew Fox) – Here’s another tricky one.  I have really reeeeaaly loved Jack at some parts.  Like, in Season 1, he was the shiz, and a great leader.  He was also good in Season 6.  But there have also been some times where I’ve really reeeeally hated Jack.  Jack the whiner, the bearded pill-poppin’ Jack… etc.  But, he gave us one of the quintessential Lost quotes: “WE HAVE TO GO BACK!”
7. Richard Alpert (Nester Carbonell) - The eyeliner man will always be one of Lost‘s greatest mysterious characters.  Ever since his introduction we’ve been asking ourselves “What’s his deal?” “Why doesn’t he age?”  He was definitely awesome – and his first gray hair in the finale was genius.
6. Desmond Hume (Henry Ian Cusick) – The button-pushing romantic, Desmond is one likeable brotha.
5. Juliet Burke (Elizabeth Mitchell) – Juliet was always the wild card.  For seasons no one knew whether her motives were legit or not.  Her raised eyebrow and calculating eyes always casted doubt, but in the end Juliet was good through and through – not to mention the best thing that ever happened to Sawyer.
4. Benjamin Linus (Michael Emerson) – Seriously, you can’t get much greater than Ben, formerly known as Henry Gale.  That was the best decision the producers ever made, to keep him on.  He lied, killed, wept, stared, creeped us all out, possibly had a heart, and later became the greatest “number 2.”
3. John Locke (Terry O’Quinn) – This dude right here is, IMO, the heart of the show.  He embraced the island experience and adapted better than any other character. (miracles tend to do that).  He was full of faith, but could be a bad-A with a knife when called upon.  His story was probably my favorite of the Losties – serious daddy issues, and many “DON’T TELL ME WHAT I CAN’T DOs!”  Also, for REALZ it's depressing. But I love Locke.
2. James “Sawyer” Ford (Josh Holloway) – Ah Sawyer, how I love you… Sawyer’s never ending supply of nicknames and one-liners kept us laughing even at the dreariest of times.  (Freckles, Lardo, Yoda, Doc, Boar Expert, Mr. Miyagi) I love how he reads and likes books: “Hell of a book, it’s about bunnies!” he says about Watership Down.  He was a great Dharma security guy, a definite bad-A, uttered many a “sonofa”, and was pretty loveable. I love how much Sawyer was able to CHANGE throughout the series - more than any other character. Also, SAWYER+JULIET 4 LYFE.
1. Hugo “Hurley” Reyes (Jorge Garcia) – Many may wonder why Sawyer isn’t my numero uno.  See, while I love Sawyer, there were moments where I was pissed off at him.  And with Hurley – I could NEVER be pissed at Hurley.  Everybody loves Hugo.  He’s, like, the guy everybody wants to know.  Hurley was fat, hilarious, and more lovable than a teddybear.  He also had many great lines “Dude, you’ve got some.. Arzt… on you.”  and even more hilarious situations – rewriting the Empire Strikes Back, trying to understand time travel with Miles, driving the Dharma van, and many more.  I’d love to see a TV movie or something about his many adventures as leader of the island with Ben.  Hurley is and always will be one cool dude.
I miss Lost.
post edit:  An honorable mention to Sayid (Naveen Andrews) and Charlie (Dominic Monaghan).  You were great characters too, but I couldn’t omit the previous ten.
0 Comments