87th Oscar Predictions and Picks

PICTURE: Boyhood
Birdman, maybe? I'm gonna swing for Boyhood on this one. But I have to say that Grand Budapest Hotel was my favorite from this year.

DIRECTOR: Richard Linklater - Boyhood
I love Inarritu, but just based on the 12-year thing ALONE, I think this should go to Linklater.

ACTOR: Michael Keaton - Birdman
This is a tough one (isn't actor always pretty tough?) it might swing to Redmayne, but Keaton was my favorite part of Birdman and should be acknowledged!

ACTRESS: Julianne Moore - Still Alice
Have you SEEN this movie??

SUPPORTING ACTOR: JK Simmons - Whiplash
There is literally no competition. Though I hope Mark Ruffalo gets his someday.

SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Patricia Arquette - Boyhood
I feel very solid in this pick. I never used to like Arquette, but she is great in this.

CINEMATOGRAPHY: Birdman
COSTUME DESIGN: Grand Budapest Hotel
ANIMATED: Big Hero 6
DOCUMENTARY: Citizen Four
I know nothing about documentaries, I never do, so it's always a random pick in this category.
DOCUMENTARY SHORT: Crisis Hotline
Same
FILM EDITING: American Sniper
FOREIGN LANGUAGE: Ida
MAKEUP: Grand Budapest Hotel
MUSIC: Grand Budapest Hotel
SONG: "Glory" from Selma
PRODUCTION DESIGN: Grand Budapest Hotel
SHORT FILM (ANIMATED): Feast
SHORT FILM (LIVE): Boogaloo and Graham
Wtf is this anyway
SOUND EDITING: Birdman
SOUND MIXING: Birdman
VISUAL EFFECTS: Interstellar
ADAPTED SCREENPLAY: American Sniper
ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY: Boyhood

0 Comments